Beef Enchilada Soup
A few weeks back I saw the words “beef enchilada soup” come across my Facebook feed and they stuck. I’m a big fan of all of those words, and kept wondering why I hadn’t thought of combining them myself. Here is my version, which couldn’t be easier and doesn’t include a can of something called “cheese soup”. I’m into buying bags of julienned/matchstick carrots in the bagged salad section of the grocery store – they are a cinch to throw on top of salads, or into soups like this one, to make things even faster.
Check the garnishes and the ingredients on the enchilada sauce to be sure, but this recipe is dairy and gluten free!
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, julienned or diced
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups beef stock
- Shredded cheese, sliced green onions, olives, tortilla chips, and/or sour cream for garnish, if desired
Throw everything into a crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Garnish as you like. Devour.